Paralegal - Financial Services Disputes
We're recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Bristol. You will be part of one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for a range of banks, mortgage lenders and insures. This is a fantastic chance for you as a Paralegal to work in our head office in Bristol, within a department which has been rated by Chambers as being in the top tier outside of London.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes to assist with internal and external/client reporting requirements and production of management information.
- Taking instructions and liaising with clients
- Opening up new matters and reviewing client documents
- Responsibility for own case load of banking litigation matters
- Supporting other fee earners on a variety of cases
- Managing financial outputs and billing responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- 6 months previous legal assistant experience is preferable (but not essential) and this should be in litigation
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven would be beneficial
- Desirable, but not essential, are proficient Excel skills (with basic and vlookup formulas, pivot tables, pivot charts & managing large spreadsheets) and the ability to export data to other spreadsheets and charts efficiently, whilst also being able to put together easy-to-read analysis
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.