Paralegal / Legal Assistant - Financial Services and Disputes
We are recruiting for a Paralegal in our Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team, one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for banks, mortgage lenders and other financial services providers.
Based in our Bristol Office, the successful Legal Assistant / Paralegal will play an integral part in the continued success and growth of this highly valued team. The culture of the team is very supportive and open; there are real opportunities for you to build a successful career within this environment. The team has grown steadily over the last three years and further growth is envisaged and planned moving forward.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Taking instructions and liaising with clients
- Responsibility for own case load of banking litigation matters
- Supporting other fee earners on a variety of cases
- Managing financial outputs and billing responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and graphic based analysis for reporting purposes to assist with internal and external/client reporting requirements and production of management information.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, interwoven would be beneficial
- Desirable, but not essential, are proficient Excel skills (with basic and vlookup formulas, pivot tables, pivot charts & managing large spreadsheets) and the ability to export data to other spreadsheets and charts efficiently, whilst also being able to put together easy-to-read analysis
- To have basic knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.