Paralegal / Legal Assistant - Licensing
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our Licensing team in Bristol. You will be working within the Leisure and Retail team dealing with Licensing matters for the team's clients requiring licensing services, such clients include PubCos, restaurants, bars, hotels, festival, sports venues, retailers and insolvency practitioners.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Legal Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- To carry out licensing work for clients e.g. applications for new premises licences, applications to vary premises licences (to include change to hours, other licensable activities, change in DPS etc), transfer of premises licences, notifications of interest in a premises licence, personal licence applications, pavement licences etc.
- To assist with licensing projects and the preparation of hearing papers
- Working with the property fee earners in the team to ensure licensing aspects of a particular job are covered and dealing with their day to day queries.
- To liaise with licensing officers, local authorities, police etc on applications made and ad hoc queries raised by them.
- To liaise with clients on a regular basis in order to actively progress matters and deal with ad hoc queries.
- To prepare reports sent to clients on an agreed reporting cycle.
- Attending client functions.
- To provide all our clients with an excellent service in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- To maintain and improve relations with existing clients.
- To achieve the financial targets set at a firm, team and individual level.
- To assist others in the achievement of their objectives.
- To work with the team leader and other team members in the achievement of the Firm’s business objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Working for a law firm, in house with a leisure business or supermarket chain, or a local authority making applications under the licensing Act 2003 or reviewing those applications made.
- Knowledge/experience of property law or regulatory law would also be useful.
- Ability to deal with high volume workload in a calm and organised manner.
- Excellent communication skills with a calm and polite manner. This role involves a lot of interaction over the telephone.
- Have excellent organisation skills and be able to turn things around very quickly.
- Experience of managing their own caseload.
- High standards of client service essential and be comfortable dealing with demanding clients.
- Good IT skills. Experience of using a Case Management system would be advantageous. This team uses SolCase.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and team approach to working.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.