Paralegal - Licensing
We're recruiting for a Paralegal to work within our Licensing team in Bristol. As the successful Paralegal, you will deal with licensing matters for the teams clients, which will include PubCos, restaurants, bars, sports venues and retailers. Based in Bristol this is an exciting opportunity for you to work with a leading Law firm in Real Estate and gain experience in a wide variety of licensing work including applications for new premises licences, transfer of premises licences, notifications of interest in a premises licence and personal licence applications.
You will have either a LPC and/or previous experience in a law firm or in-house, with licensing experience desirable but not essential.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke know how and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Paralegal your day to day remit includes:
- Carrying out licensing work for clients, such as applications for new premises licences, applications to vary premises licences (to include change to hours, other licensable activities, change in DPS etc), transfer of premises licences, notifications of interest in a premises licence, personal licence applications, pavement licences etc.
- Assisting in the preparation for hearings and appeals relating to applications made, reviews, interviews under caution etc.
- Working with the property fee earners in the team to ensure licensing aspects of a particular job are covered and dealing with their day to day queries.
- Liaising with licensing officers, local authorities, police etc on applications made and ad hoc queries raised by them.
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis in order to actively progress matters and deal with ad hoc queries.
- Preparing reports sent to clients on an agreed reporting cycle.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- You will have either a LPC and/or previous experience in a law firm or in-house, with licensing experience desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge/experience of property law or regulatory law would also be useful.
- Ability to deal with high volume workload in a calm and organised manner.
- Strong communication skills with a calm and polite manner. This role involves a lot of interaction over the telephone.
- Experience of managing your own caseload.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.