Part Time Facilities Assistant (Monday to Wednesday)
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Facilities Assistant (Monday To Wednesday 21 hours per week) to join our busy team in Bristol. Facilities are responsible for the smooth running of various day to day activities including switchboard, the client conference suite, catering, post, maintenance, archives, document services, office moves, security, health & safety and many other support functions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Receive, prioritise and action effectively any requests or queries received by telephone calls and emails to the Facilities team from internal and external customers and suppliers. Including maintenance, cleaning, access control pass, parking, post and reprographics related queries.
- Ensure all service areas are kept clean, tidy and well stocked. Ordering and replenishment of stationery as required.
- ·Replacement of toners for printer / scanners for all floors and ensure paper levels are kept replenished.
- Receive and distribute faxes.
- Undertake regular health, safety and security audits.
- Support finance team with the retrieval of printed cheques from the cheque machine and delivery to appropriate Fee Earner as required.
- Support all office moves, fit outs and equipment relocations (occasional out of hours work may be required).
- Dealing with physical tasks such as collecting and moving files/boxes.
- Maintain security arrangements around the office including regular key audits.
- Delivering Court Papers to the Law Courts as and when required
- Undertake the processing of incoming and outgoing deliveries and provide an efficient and prompt post-delivery and collection service to all TLT employees at designated times as required.
- Open and distribute the incoming post and DX deliveries to relevant recipients. To include both hard copy and digital scanning as required.
- Process incoming and outgoing time critical deliveries ensuring there is an audit trail to be able to track their whereabouts should it be needed.
- Prepare for collection and receive incoming courier deliveries including liaison with courier operatives. Record, deliver and obtain proof of collection / delivery as required.
- Undertake hand deliveries out of the office as required.
- Undertake all aspects of reprographics support including photocopying, printing, scanning, laminating and binding. Including assisting with the production / copying of Court bundles and marketing materials.
- Undertake effective quality assurance checks
- Liaise with storage providers for arranging the safe storage and retrieval of all client files and archived documents using the appropriate software packages.
- Creation of new deeds packets and entering all details onto the Archives system.
- Maintain accurate records of all archived documents.
- Assist with file destruction in accordance with the Firms' procedures and policies.
- Assist with the moving of archive boxes, preparing files for collection and liaising with the storage provider ensuring a full audit trail is left when archiving to allow future file recalls with ease.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and appearance at all times, demonstrating strong communication skills, confidence, assertiveness and a proactive approach in all aspects of day to day working.
- Support fellow Facilities team members when there are peaks in workloads and absence cover. Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required. Including remote support to other office locations.
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement of any processes.
- Set an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm's Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by the Facilities team
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General office administration skills ideally in a Facilities related environment.
- Archiving experience ideally within a Law firm or similar business.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines, good time keeping and punctuality.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of customer service and the ability to deal professionally and calmly with external and internal clients, at all levels, face to face, via email and on the telephone.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to organise and prioritise own work.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of Facilities.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads (up to 20 Kg).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel is essential.
- Health & Safety and risk assessment experience desirable.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.