Part-Time Facilities Assistant
We are recruiting for an Facilities Assistant to join our Facilities team in Manchester on a part time basis, Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm. You will join a busy Facilities team who are responsible for delivering an accurate and timely service to our lawyers and legal support teams throughout the Manchester office. This position will be focused on arranging the storage and retrieval of all client files, Deed, Wills, Probates and all archived documents using the appropriate software packages.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Administer the process of Archiving client documents in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide a quality service that supports the smooth running of the office and its facilities and to provide a smart, polite and friendly service to staff and suppliers. This includes the ability to communicate at all levels in person, via telephone and in written form through emails.
- Provide operational cover for other Facilities team members in the event of holiday or other absence.
- Liaise with storage providers for arranging storage and retrieval of all client files and archived documents using the appropriate software packages including delivery of requested archive retrieval documents.
- Assist with file destruction in accordance with the Firms' procedures and policies.
- Assist with the moving of archive boxes following through the full process until they are all stored externally. Whilst ensuring a full audit trail is left when archiving to allow future file recalls with ease.
- Pay cash and cheques into the Bank.
- Retrieve printed cheques from the cheque machine and deliver to appropriate Fee Earner.
- Undertake the processing of all external mail and provide an efficient and prompt post-delivery and collection service to all TLT employees at designated times and as required.
- Open and distribute the incoming post and DX deliveries to relevant recipients.
- Process incoming and outgoing recorded and special deliveries ensuring there is an audit trail to be able to track their whereabouts should it be needed.
- Collect and deliver courier deliveries from the reception or loading bay and record, obtain a signature and deliver as required.
- Ensure all printers / photocopiers topped up with the relevant paper and change toners when appropriate. Being a first line fault finder should any problems occur e.g. paper jams.
- Undertake bulk reprographics including but not limited to copying, scanning and large volume printing ensuring a speedy and meticulous service throughout.
- Retrieve faxes from the fax machine and deliver to the appropriate Fee Earner in a prompt manner.
- Bind documents using different binding machines.
- Support fellow Facilities team members when there are peaks in workloads and absence cover. Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Knowledge and experience of processing Archiving ideally in a legal setting.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- General office administration skills ideally in a Facilities related environment.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines, good time keeping and punctuality.
- High level of customer service and the ability to deal professionally and calmly with internal clients, at all levels, face to face, via email and on the telephone.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of the wider Facilities team and undertaking other Facilities duties.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.