Payroll Manager - 6 month fixed term contract
We are recruiting for a Payroll Manager to join our HR team in Bristol on a 6 month fixed term contract. You will be reporting to the Reward Manager and working closely with our finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to project manage the outsourcing to a 3rd party provider as well as managing the full payroll cycle from start to finish.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Payroll Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Assist with the on-going project to implement a new HR and Payroll system.
- Project manage the outsourcing of Payroll to a 3rd party provider.
- To process joiners, leavers and all other payroll entries.
- Process the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay schemes and overtime.
- To assist in the administration of the company pension scheme and auto enrolment requirements.
- Set up and report to HMRC annually figures and emoluments for PAYE settlement agreement.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of Midland HR iTrent payroll system or similar payroll system is essential.
- An experienced payroll specialist with experience of both in house and outsourced payrolls.
- Experience of working on a payroll with 900 plus employees.
- Knowledge of salary exchange and flexible benefits.
- Excel skills including use of formulas, v lookups and pivot tables.
- Experience of auto enrolment and pensions.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.