Plot Sales Technical Lead
We are recruiting for a Plot Sales Technical Lead with experience of conveyancing to assist with our busy plot sales team.
The plot sales team is a market leading, highly rated, innovative team dealing with the sale of new build properties for a range of high profile and dynamic clients.
The team deals with a wide range of sales for private housebuilders, registered providers in the social housing sector, housing associations and local authorities. As well as market sales it deals with shared ownership sales and shared equity.
We are looking for a qualified legal executive or solicitor with technical experience in residential conveyancing to work alongside our plot sales manager who manages day to day delivery of the sales. The team currently comprises 6 fee earners dealing with sales with some support staff and is looking to expand.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own matters ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Plot Sales Technical Lead you will deliver the following:
The Ideal Candidate
- Transactional experience of residential conveyancing acting for both buyers and sellers.
- Experience of real estate issues arising in connection with the development of housing and the sale of new build properties
- Experience in the drafting of contracts, transfers and leases for new build properties. Experience in the drafting of shared ownership leases is desirable, but not essential
- Experience in dealing with the requirements of the UK Finance Mortgage Lenders Handbook for Conveyancers
- Experience of dealing with mortgages in the context of residential conveyancing including the discharge of mortgages and obtaining consent to deal with land affected by mortgages.
- Good eye for detail.
- Ability to work with case management systems
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills.
- Enthusiastic & team approach to working.
- A desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of development, housing and plot sales
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.