Professional Support Lawyer - Employment
We are recruiting for a second Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) to join our national Employment team.
We see this role as a strategic appointment in helping support the team in the next stages of its ongoing growth, with a strong focus on work that will support client and team development.
The firm’s Employment team is a National Leader (Chambers) which has grown substantially in recent years on the back of organic growth and impressive panel wins for a string of household name clients. The team is based across London, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative, major UK law firm to provide professional legal support to lawyers working in our Employment national service line.
The role is a full time, permanent contract with occasional travel required to support the Employment team in our other offices. Although advertised as a full time position, we are open to considering part time applications. Location for this role is flexible with substantial home working likely to be possible if preferred.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Working collaboratively with our existing PSL and the rest of the team you will:
- Work proactively with client teams and Business Development to raise the profile of the group by co-ordinating and delivering articles, updates, training and products for clients and helping cement relationships with clients and contacts;
- Manage and deliver the team's knowledge training programme;
- Assist in the preparation of tenders along with Business Development to enable the team to exploit business opportunities;
- Undertake some client facing training
- Develop know how resources and other resources to support the practice of the Employment team;
- Keep up to date with legal, business and industry developments and disseminating it to our lawyers and clients proactively.
- Draft, maintain and update the team's precedents to ensure they represent best practice;
- Undertake complex legal research to provide support on client matters and business development activities;
- Work with other PSLs and the Knowledge Management team to support and promote the knowledge management function.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong team player
- Prior PSL experience, but fee earners with at least 6 years' experience looking to make the transition into a support role will also be considered.
- Technically excellent in all areas of employment law, with experience of undertaking both contentious and non-contentious work.
- Commercial awareness and enthusiasm about business development; able to digest, analyse and succinctly communicate large amounts of legal and industry information to both internal and external clients.
- Strong client focussed approach with excellent analytical, communication and organisational skills.
- Manage demanding workloads with strict deadlines
- Possess strong project management skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.