Professional Support Lawyer - Financial Regulation Group
TLT’s financial regulation group has grown significantly in recent years to become one of the largest financial regulation practices in the UK with lawyers located in London and the regions, combining contentious and non-contentious support with regulatory matters.
The team has a very strong reputation for retail financial services regulation (including regulated lending and banking, consumer credit and mortgages) and pensions regulatory matters. The team is ranked Tier 3 in Chambers and Partners for Consumer Finance. The team is currently growing and developing its retail banking practice.
In addition to its focus on the retail financial services sector, the team has a growing wider financial regulation practice. This practice covers wealth and asset management, and funds and funds management.
The team is highly ambitious and hard-working. Our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven. The financial regulation practice sits within the wider Financial Services Disputes and Investigations Team.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Our financial regulation PSL will support our national financial regulation practice and offers strategic assistance in all areas of knowledge for the team, which will include:
- Managing/improving the content of team precedents
- Updating and writing team guidance notes
- Collating current awareness and sector hot topics, with recourse to market source providers, and also leading on sector critical matters with the support of partners and assistants
- Organising ongoing team training, including vetting of training materials, writing/updating training materials, presenting sector critical training (both face to face and online)
- Managing the team knowhow bank with the support of the wider team
- Supporting key clients with training and knowledge services;
- Working closely with the team and colleagues in the client services and business development teams on key strategic business development initiatives for the practice
- Liaising with industry bodies such as UK Finance, the Building Societies Association and Finance and Leasing Association; and
- Supporting the financial regulation group on ad hoc queries and work process improvement initiatives including the use of technology.
Our financial regulation PSL will work closely with other PSLs across the Banking and Lender Services Group and wider firm, sharing experiences and best practice and delivering projects across the whole practice group.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a Professional Support Lawyer to join our team, with excellent prospects for career development. Anyone taking up this role can expect the have the opportunity to play a significant part in the growth and development of our financial regulation practice.
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of five years PQE. Experience as a PSL is helpful but not essential
- Financial services regulatory experience gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level, ideally including experience in the retail financial services sector working with either consumer credit, mortgage, payments or retail deposit products
- A real and genuine interest in financial regulation and in particular the retail financial services sector.
Our team operates nationally, so anyone taking up this role can be based from our London, Manchester or Edinburgh office.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.