TLT is going through an exciting period of significant growth and development and has an ambitious programme of projects to transform the way that we work.
We operate in a constantly changing environment. We work in a highly regulated industry and those regulations change from time to time. Our clients needs change over time and to protect our client relationships, and to win new ones, we continually update the way we work. We work in a highly competitive market and have to respond to challenges from our competitors. New technology and services are appearing all the time and we have to make sure we keep up to date. We are a large organisation and we must be continually on the look out for opportunities to reduce costs and improve the way we do things.
In short, we face daily challenges to sustain our success and growth. And you can help shape this. We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to drive this growth and development. You will complement a dedicated team of project managers and business analysts who implement and manage complex cross-firm projects.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Business Services team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Projects Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Owning multiple projects through to successful delivery. Develop Business Cases, form the project team, make sure roles and responsibilities are established, that tasks are identified, allocated, deadlines agreed and followed up so projects are successfully delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Ensuring changes to scope, time, cost, quality and escalation of risks and issues adheres to internal governance and decision making frameworks.
- Ensuring clear identification, understanding, tracking and proactive resolution of all dependencies.
- Being the liaison between the business units, technology and support teams. Serving as the link between the client and the project team.
- Resource analysis, planning and on-going management.
- Ensuring changes to time/cost/quality to the project deliverables are properly considered and managed.
- Document requirements, workflows and collaborate with subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyse tradeoffs between usability and functional/performance needs.
- Testing and supporting users during implementation.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong analytical and project management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client's business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements.
- Seasoned Project Manager, with End to end experience of a variety of different projects including office set up and office move, software and service procurement and implementation, software development, business process review and reorganisation and transformation projects.
- Experience of project managing projects with inter dependent technical workstreams, ability to support teams to identify dependencies.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in project delivery and influence team members and relevant managers on projects.
- Focus and drive to resolve issues and keep projects on track.
- Ability to deliver in an environment where there are competing demands on project resources.
- Proven experience interacting, working and communicating directly with people at all levels of the organisation.
- ‘Experience of various project management methodologies with emphasis on Waterfall methods and experience of using Project Server and Innotas/Planview platforms would be advantageous but not essential’.
- Experience of MS Office products and MS Project 2010 or higher and Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.