Property/ Real Estate Solicitor
We're recruiting for a Property Solicitor to join our Litigation team in Belfast.
Our Litigation team is one of the largest teams in the market offering litigation services to the leading financial services institutions as well as undertaking a variety of commercial litigation and insolvency work including high value debt recovery, contractual disputes and property litigation.
This role reports to Katharine Kimber, Partner. The team in Belfast currently consists of two Partners, three associates, three solicitors, and eight support staff.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognized.
You will operate as a Property Solicitor within the Litigation team and you will be expected to deliver the following;
- Running and managing a significant caseload of title rectification cases for key FTSE banking and mortgage lender clients
- Supporting the litigation team with a range of property queries and handling contentious property aspects of disputes to include County Court, High Court and Land Tribunal work
- Dealing with escalations from standard mortgagee sales instructions where they become complex or protracted
- From time to time supporting the mortgagee sales team with preparing and approving title reports
- Supporting with client training needs as required
- Actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients
- Actively involved in the production of legal updates and knowhow development
- Some supervision opportunities may be available in respect of other members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
• A qualified solicitor with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience gained within conveyancing
• Experience of litigation is not essential
• Possess a strong client focus with the ability to build lasting relationships
• Keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop
• Willing to go that 'extra mile' and deliver positive commercial solutions for financial services clients
• Able to operate effectively within a team environment
• Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.