Commercial Solicitor 2 – 5PQE
An exciting opportunity has emerged as a Public Sector / Commercial Solicitor which will provide exposure to a broad and varied range of commercial work across this sector on a national basis to include central government departments, local authorities, housing associations and non-departmental public bodies/charities.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Public Sector / Commercial Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Procurement law and practice;
- State Aid;
- Corporate and commercial law;
- Regeneration projects
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Between 2 - 5 years PQE with the requisite skills and experience gained within private practice or the public sector or in house. Applicants with appropriate experience outside this PQE range will also be considered
- Previous experience of working with or within the public sector on commercial and procurement matters
- A natural curiosity for work and a strong appetite to build a career advising on matters in the public sector
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to work
- Experience of working at a large regional/national law firm on public sector matters or in the public sector would be beneficial.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.