Public Sector / Commercial Solicitor 2 – 5PQE
The role will provide exposure to a broad and varied range of commercial work across the public sector on a national basis to include central government departments, local authorities, housing associations and non-departmental public bodies/charities.
A vacancy has arisen in our team due to the ongoing expansion of this busy practice.
Key Individual: Bill Hull is head of Commercial services at TLT and is expert in a wide range of legal issues affecting businesses and public sector organisations and well known for his pragmatic and commercial advice in relation to EU procurement matters, merger control, competition and State Aid, he is recommended in the latest edition of Legal 500 for expertise in local government.
He also advises the firm's public sector clients (including police, local authorities, NDPBs and central government) on commercial issues, especially procurement, state aid and commercial contracts.
Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad.
The type of work and projects that the candidate will work on is broad and scope and will involve advising on:
- Procurement law and practice;
- State Aid;
- Corporate and commercial law;
- Regeneration projects; and
In return you will be offered a competitive remuneration package and have the genuine opportunity to build your career within a growing firm. You will also have access to TLT's industry recognised training and development programme to ensure you are equipped with the skills to have a successful career in law.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Between 2 – 5 years PQE with the requisite skills and experience gained within private practice or the public sector or in house. Applicants with appropriate experience outside this PQE range will also be considered;
- Previous experience of working with or within the public sector on commercial and procurement matters
- Practical and commercial approach
- Excellent drafting and legal analysis skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients
- Ability to support on business development and tender/bid experience;
- A natural curiosity for work and a strong appetite to build a career advising on matters in the public sector
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to work
- Team player with a keen, client-focused approach.
- Flexibility to advise on a broad portfolio of work
- Strong Academic Background
- Experience of working at a large regional/national law firm on public sector matters or in the public sector would be beneficial.
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.