Real Estate Solicitor - Financial Services
We are recruiting for a Solicitor to join our Financial Services sector in the Real Estate Group in Manchester. The team will provide legal advice on property finance, property acquisitions & disposals, landlord & tenant, development and all property related recoveries matters.
The team will provide advice for a number of leading financial institutions on lending, estates management and recoveries matters. They will also act for a number of corporate occupiers on their leased estates and for Landmark Investments Group in relation to their commercial and residential ground-rent portfolio.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Work closely with a two partner team carrying out a full range of transactional real estate work, largely in the financial services environment, but also in the corporate space.
- Provide all our clients with a high quality service in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Maintain and improve relations with existing clients and spot opportunities for business development and enhancement of the current services we offer.
- Achieve the budget and targets set by the Firm.
- The work will be high-quality, with excellent supervision and support from a successful and well-motivated Team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Requirement to speak professionally and confidently with clients – whilst exhibiting an approachable "can-do" attitude.
- This role may be suitable for a Newly Qualified candidate though it will be desirable to own commercial experience in this sector.
- A willingness to be involved in the growth of the practice and to engage in our business development initiatives.
- Strong property finance or asset management experience is preferable.
- Good eye for detail.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service is essential.
- Excellent communication skills - high volume of interaction via telephone and email.
- Good IT skills.
- Enthusiastic & team approach to working.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.