We are recruiting for a Receptionist join our Belfast office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy office where you will be the first point of contact for both internal and external visitors.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Receptionist we expect you to deliver the following:
Reception and events
- Create a welcoming environment and provide a professional front of house service for all clients, visitors, partners, staff and people contacting the firm.
- Ensure clients' needs are met in terms of catering, car parking and facilities.
- Set up all IT equipment including laptops, plasma screens, webinars, Skype and Zoom call facilities for each meeting.
- Book catering for meetings held in the client suite with our preferred suppliers.
- Prepare and clear away refreshments and layout catering requests as required to meet the needs of the meetings and events.
- Load and empty the dishwasher and ensure the event catering area is kept clean, tidy and well stocked at all times.
- Check and replenish magazines, papers and flowers as necessary.
- Check meeting rooms prior to and when vacated by clients, ensuring the rooms are cleared and set up with necessary IT kit, furniture and refreshments for when the next meeting starts.
- Report any damage or faults to the Office Manager.
- Ensure conference rooms are organised for events in conjunction with the Business Development team. Assist with the delivery of events as they occur. This may require some flexibility with work hours on occasion for attendance at early morning or evening events.
- Ensure rooms are allocated effectively and to maintain the NFS room booking system and ensure all entries are accurate and meaningful.
- Process meeting room bookings using Rendezvous software with all booking requests processed within two hours.
- Update and maintain the diary for the visitors’ car parking and liaise with security to monitor the car park spaces.
- Support the Office Manager with the running of the Belfast office and assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Health & Safety (H&S)
- Set an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the firm's H&S policy and procedures.
- Ensure all staff practice correct manual handling when setting up rooms and equipment.
- Support arrangements for emergency evacuation, fire and first aid.
- In the event of an emergency act as fire warden for 13th floor ensuring all clients have left the building.
- Adherence to various internal and external regulations and standards including Health and Safety, Accessibility, Environmental, ESOS, ISO27001, ISO9001, Clear desk.
- Support the Location Head and Office Manager with the execution of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in the event of it being activated.
- Work closely with the Reception Manager to ensure the continual high standard of Front of House service is delivered consistently to all clients. And support the improvement of Client experience initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. As the successful Receptionist you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Well presented, professional and confident.
- Knowledge and experience of reception work ideally in a Law firm environment or similar.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation of tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work and deliver a service encompassing the firm's core brand values.
- Excellent communication skills with a confident manner being polite and friendly at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- IT skills with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience of MITEL is desirable but not essential.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable about the business and people of the firm.
- Demonstrate a continuing desire to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes required to support a firm offering professional services.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to deal with clients face to face and on the telephone and able to take control of emergency situations, remain calm and put people at ease.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of the wider Facilities team and undertaking other Facilities duties as required.
- Manual handling skills to be able to manoeuvre flip top tables and conference chairs.
- Common sense approach to problem solving with positive solutions.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.