Research and Information Manager
We're recruiting for a Research Manager and information manager to be based in our Bristol office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Knowledge Management team, who service the firm in managing not just the legal technical knowledge but also knowledge about our clients, sectors we operate in and internal operations.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Research and Information Manager we expect you to deliver the following:
- Manage a successful team of experienced knowledge professionals, creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Overseeing day to day operations of the research & information service including the enquiries rota, prioritisation of requests and deadlines.
- Providing a legal research service alongside the PSLs for client matters.
- Work with lawyers and business development teams to provide research input for projects, events and training, supporting thought leadership and campaign planning.
- Manage the delivery of an effective legal and business current awareness and news service; keeping the firm’s lawyers updated on developments through regular briefings.
- Working with PSLs and Business Development to create and deliver horizon scanning and other information products for clients
- Working with the Head of KM (HKM), KM Systems Manager (KSM) and Head of Innovation to bring the firm's knowledge together to improve business efficiency and develop products for clients.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful Knowledge & Information Officer will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Senior Knowledge & Information manager experienced at successfully leading a team, able to motivate staff and create an environment where employees thrive.
- Experience of working in a legal or professional services environment is essential
- Able to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter who can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Be able to build strong working relationships in both physical and virtual teams
- Experience of using major legal and business digital research resources.
- Excellent organisational, time management and decision making skills.
- Highly computer literate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.