We are currently recruiting for a legal secretary to support our Property Litigation team working out of our head office in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity to provide full secretarial support to a busy and growing team of lawyers. The national Property Litigation team totals 15 lawyers, of which 9 work in our Bristol office. They are supported by legal secretaries worked in Bristol, London and Manchester.
The team works with a variety of clients working in the Leisure, Food & Drink, Retail & Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Digital, Clean Energy, Real Estate and Public sectors. The team is part of our 200 strong national Real Estate Group..
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a legal secretary your day to day remit includes:
- Assisting with secretarial and administrative tasks and to provide assistance to others in the team and group when required.
- Digital dictation (audio typing).
- Assisting the national team with overflow typing when required
- Creating/amending documents.
- Collating documentation in advance of court hearings, arbitration or mediation.
- Dealing with a range of client specific billing requirements and generating a large number of bills on a monthly basis.
- Filing, electronic filing and critical dates diary management
- Managing diary appointments and making arrangements for meetings. Some use of Excel for invoicing purposes as well as for creating mail merge documentation.
- Managing the expenses process for the lawyers.
- Matter management i.e. client inception, opening new matters and file closing.
- Assisting with creation and completion of reports for clients on the status of their matters.
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and other third parties on the phone
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of Outlook for emails and diary management.
- Experience of Laserforms, Excel and Workshare would be an advantage.
- Accuracy, sound organisational skills and flexibility are also required along with previous secretarial experience in a legal environment.
- Legal experience in property litigation, real estate or commercial litigation is preferred.
- Strong ability to self-manage a large workload in a busy team.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.