We are recruiting for an IT Security Engineer to join our Infrastructure and Applications Team in Bristol. The Infrastructure and Applications Team is responsible for delivery of all IT infrastructure, platforms, enterprise applications and related services to the firm, including:
- Networking (WAN, LAN, VC, Telephony, Remote Access)
- Back-end Compute, Data Storage, Replication, Backup & Restore
- Messaging, Database, Identity & Access Management
- Cloud & Managed Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- IT/Cyber Security (Vulnerability Identification / Remediation, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, DLP, Patching, MDM, High Availability, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, etc.)
- Enterprise monitoring, configuration management and deployment, including supporting and assisting the Technical Support Team with end-user compute technologies as required
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for providing IT Security Support to the firm, the firm’s clients and third party suppliers during the required hours while acting as the point of escalation from the IT Service Delivery Team to resolve incidents and service requests. Undertaking operational tasks to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all IT services will also be a responsibility while the applicant must also comply with TLT Infrastructure & Applications Team processes and procedures.
In return you will receive a competitive remuneration coupled with the genuine opportunity to be part of successful team and firm dedicated to continued growth. You will also receive access to TLT's industry recognised training and development programmes ensuring you are provided with the tools for a successful career.
Once you are in the role of Security Engineer you will deliver the following:
- Act as the point of escalation from the IT Service Delivery Team to resolve incidents and service requests:
- Investigate incidents and using the knowledgebase and documentation to troubleshoot and to provide resolutions or workarounds in order minimise the impact on the individual and the firm’s business
- Deal with complex service requests in accordance with IT Service Delivery Team standards and procedures
- Escalate incidents and service requests to third party suppliers as required and managing the supplier to ensure the incident or service request is resolved
- Escalate incidents and service requests to the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team Leader, the IT Infrastructure & Applications Manager or to the appropriate individual, team leader, manager or another team where the incident or service request cannot be resolved by the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team
- Escalate incidents and services requests to the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team Leader or the IT Service Delivery Manager where an SLA or OLA has been or is likely to be breached
- Undertake operational tasks to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all IT services:
- Monitor anti-malware tools, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DLP tools, anti-spam and web-filtering tools, vulnerability scan results, logs and all other IT security-related tools & technologies to identify and investigate potential and actual security incidents
- Respond to security incidents in a timely manner by taking immediate steps to contain and minimise the impact of incidents, preserving evidence and reporting / escalating incidents in accordance with the Security Incident Response Procedure
- Lead or participate in post-incident reviews to identify root causes and to develop remediation plans and implement additional / improved controls
- Undertake routine operational security tasks and planned maintenance tasks including vulnerability scanning, patching, patch compliance monitoring, security audits and reviews, etc.
- Maintain threat awareness and communicating any significant developments to the IT Security Forum
- Produce security KPI and trend reports for the IT Security Forum
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
Experience in a technical role in IT security, third line support or infrastructure / enterprise applications:
- To include at least one year’s experience with substantial operational exposure to multiple security technologies, e.g. IDS/IPS, AV, DLP, Patching, MDM, etc.
- End-user compute security, including patching and anti-virus
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN networking technologies and firewalls
- Security incident response, diagnosis, resolution and remediation
Experience in IT operational disciplines, e.g.:
- Operating ITIL processes
- SLA, OLA and KPI reporting and monitoring
- Creating and maintaining procedural documentation
- Hardware and software asset and Configuration Item management
Substantial experience of operational support of technologies and services currently used by the firm, including some of:
- Microsoft desktop and server technologies, e.g. Windows Server Operating Systems, Windows Desktop Operating Systems (2007 – 2010), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, etc.
- Infrastructure and related services, e.g. VMWare (virtualisation and VDI), MimeCast, Symantec Anti-Virus, Palo Alto firewalls, Networking, Mitel Telephony, BES, Mobile Iron, Video Conferencing and Audio-Visual Equipment, etc.
A broad understanding of other areas of IT including IT Service Delivery, IT Training, Programme & Project Management, etc.
A customer-focussed approach to the role:
Experience of working with ISO27001
It will be desirable to own experience of operational and security support of cloud/hybrid technologies, e.g. Azure, AWS, converged, hybrid and cloud services (IaaS, PaaS), managed services and applications (SaaS) plus Cyber Essentials Plus
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.