Senior Business Analyst
We're recruiting for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Programme Management Office (PMO) in our busy Bristol office. The PMO team consists of dedicated business analysts and project managers, often augmented with external consultants, to manage and implement complex projects. The Senior Business Analyst role is an internal consultancy role which is key to ensuring successful outcomes by working with other Business Services teams (IT, Knowledge Management, Business Development, HR, Facilities) as well as fee earners on both discrete pieces of work and as part of project teams.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Business Analyst your day to day remit includes:
- Proactive coaching and mentoring of the Junior Business Analyst and Business Analyst roles within the team
- Proven track record of following embedded processes and expected behaviour
- Demonstrable and proactive contribution towards continuous improvement activities within the team
- Contribute towards the creation and maintenance of the team's precedents, guidance documentation and lifecycle process
- Support production of business cases, plans and delivery of products that support and enable the realisation of business benefits
- Identify and deliver successful business analysis products within different business change frameworks and environments e.g. agile, waterfall, projects and programme
- Extract business requirements using a range of business analysis techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients to analyse information, functional and non-functional requirements
- Drive and challenge business teams on their assumptions of how the solution will meet their needs
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client's business need and translate them into business/operational requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to understand, appreciate and adapt to different working styles and patterns to get the most out of the team and project contributors
- Solid technical/IT understanding (role is business focused not IT focused) Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation of conflicting deadlines and expectations.
- Extensive end to end experience of the project lifecycle in both agile and waterfall models across both system and business change projects
- Extensive experience covering a variety of Business Analysis techniques (Business process mapping, Business Process Improvements, requirement gathering techniques, stakeholder management, facilitation skills etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and further client relationships
- Manages client expectations effectively.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.