Senior Business Development Manager - Commercial Services Group and Digital
This is an exciting time to join the growing TLT team In Bristol. As the Senior Business Development Manager for our national Commercial Services Group and Digital sector you will be responsible for building TLT's business and reputation in these areas. You will also have line management responsibility for a Business Development Executive and two Business Development Managers.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As Senior Business Development Manager, the main duties of your role will include:
Planning and budgeting
- Group and Sector plans – work with Group, Team and Sector Leaders to develop and deliver strategic business plans and annual BD/marketing plans.
- Location plans – work closely with BD colleagues in each of our key locations to develop and deliver location-specific BD and marketing activities.
- BD budgets – create and manage BD budgets, maintaining control over spend and ROI.
- Sales – manage a pipeline of targets for your areas, ensuring that we convert as many of these opportunities as possible through lead generation campaigns.
- Client development – work with Client Relationship Partners and our Client Development team to develop relationships with our existing clients.
- New product development – work with our FutureLaw team and your Group/Sector to identify, develop, package and sell new legal products and services.
- Bids – lead the development of bids and presentations with support from our Bids team.
- Build a network – develop your own network of clients, targets, referrers and industry bodies and use these to support TLT’s business development and marketing activities.
- Support the delivery of cross-firm BD projects as they arise.
- Thought leadership – support the Marketing Communications team in planning and delivering thought leadership campaigns. Ensure that campaigns reach relevant clients, targets and referrers and are used to develop these relationships. Track and follow up on all new business opportunities.
- Legal / industry updates – ensure that the updates produced by our lawyers and knowledge management professionals reach relevant clients, targets and referrers.
- PR – support our Marketing Communications team in identifying potential press articles, comments and opinion pieces for national, trade and regional press.
- Marketing materials – establish the needs of your Group/Sector and work with our Marketing Communication team to deliver materials in line with our brand guidelines.
- Events – work with our Events Manager to create a programme of events that will help to meet your BD objectives. Challenge old ways of doing things to ensure that events stand out from competitors.
- Website and social media – work with our Digital Communications Manager to ensure that our website is promoting your service lines and sectors as effectively as possible. Encourage the use of social media within your Group/Sector.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Graduate or equivalent with BD experience in a professional services environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Strong communication, organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Commercial - able to understand the business context in which TLT and our clients operate.
- Good humoured and positive outlook.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial/corporate legal services and the UK’s digital sector would be advantageous.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.