Senior Business Development Manager (Public Sector & Digital)
You have the opportunity to join a fast paced, fast growing and forward-thinking law firm. Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career – whatever stage you’re at. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for providing BD and client development support to our Public Sector and Digital Sector teams. Your goal will be to grow TLT’s revenue and reputation in these areas and develop our client relationships.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Designing, implementing and regularly reviewing BD and client plans
- Identifying sales opportunities and developing compelling market propositions and solutions with support from our FutureLaw team
- Running sales campaigns to create new business opportunities
- Managing a sales pipeline to progress and support conversion of opportunities
- Creating persuasive marketing collateral, proposals, bids and pitch presentations
- Developing an events programme – in-person and virtual – to engage clients and prospects
- Building relationships with the priority clients in your areas and supporting Client Relationships Partners in managing relevant client panels/frameworks
- Conducting regular relationship reviews with priority clients
- Working with our Campaigns team to develop thought leadership campaigns that will build our profile and reputation in your areas
- Supporting our Communications team in promoting your sectors through our website, social media channels, email marketing, PR and internal comms
- Developing your own network of clients, prospects and referrers and using these to share communications and support lead generation and relationship building activity
- Providing BD/sales activity reports for your sectors
- Managing annual BD budgets and supplier payments
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Proven ability to generate and convert sales opportunities in a professional services firm
- Experience of building a firm’s reputation through marketing communications and campaigns
- Excellent client development skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills – able to communicate and present clearly, concisely and credibly
- Client-centric ethic with respect to external and internal stakeholders
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task and strong time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and support on major projects to completion
- Highly commercial – able to understand business issues impacting our clients
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and an interest in learning
- Experience of using a range of marketing technologies would be advantageous
- Good humoured and positive outlook
- Graduate or equivalent
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.