Senior Hires Talent Acquisition Specialist
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Hires Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the Talent Acquisition team based at our Bristol HQ.
The lateral hires recruitment team works with the other HR functions to deliver a proactive and efficient HR service for Partner hires. The Lateral Hires Specialist reports to the Senior Manager – Lateral Hires (SMLH).
The main purpose of the role is to support the SMLH in developing and delivering a strategic, professional, efficient, consistent and cost effective lateral hires recruitment and onboarding service offering to all TLT regions. Also to assist the SMLH in delivery against the Strategic Recruitment Plan and TLT Strategic Projects relating to Lateral Hires.
- Take full responsibility for the end to end recruitment of individual. and opportunistic lateral hires and any other hires as directed by the SMLH.
- Establish strong relationships with Group and Sector Leader Hiring Partners and become a trusted business partner.
- In coordination with the SMLH and Hiring Partners, ensure that an appropriate level of due diligence is conducted on Partner hires placed by the postholder.
- Take responsibility for the on boarding of new lateral hires placed by the postholder.
- Work with the fee earner recruitment team where there is overlap on non-Partner hiring.
- To map key markets using online recruitment and social media platforms.
- To provide market map information in a suitable format for distribution to Hiring Partners and the SMLH.
- To assist SMLH in identifying industry and market insights.
- Maintain an appropriate and professional set of recruitment suppliers for the postholder’s recruitment delivery; ensure that these suppliers are commercially aligned and driven to deliver exceptional performance.
- Communicate TLT terms of business and sign up newly approved suppliers.
- Monitor and review supplier performance in line with TLT terms.
- Assist the SMLH in centralising supplier communication and activity.
- In coordination with the Senior Hires Recruitment Coordinator , liaise with agents and Hiring Partner PA’s to arrange supplier candidate meetings and interviews.
- Liaise with the Senior Hires Recruitment Coordinator to record agreed fees against relevant searches and track exclusivity expiry dates.
- Check invoicing is accurate against agreed fees for processing.
Onboarding, Reporting and Brand
- Work with the Senior Hires Recruitment Coordinator to ensure that the postholder’s hires experience a smooth, seamless on-boarding experience when joining TLT.
- Provide regular progress updates and other reports to the SMLH and Head of Recruitment as required.
- Support and work with the SMLH and Head of Recruitment to promote the TLT Employer Brand to the relevant senior hire population.
- Provide cover for the SMLH when required.
- Maintain and review individual lateral hires process and documentation.
- Research and be pro active in working with the SRA and other institutional bodies which impact on the lateral hires process, and report regulation changes and updates to the SMLH.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous in-house recruiting experience gained in a professional services industry or gained in a legal recruitment consultancy.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with differing levels of stakeholder to include senior level.
- Strong experience of managing multiple decision makers for a role.
- Ability to prioritise work in line with business requirements.
- Sound networking skills.
- An excellent understanding of end to end recruitment processes and procedures.
- Experience of direct sourcing techniques and social media platforms.
- Experience of onboarding and screening processes.
- Strong influencing and organisational skills.
- Experienced in reporting progress and keeping key stakeholders updated.
- An understanding of relevant employment and data protection legislation as it relates to recruitment.
- Customer centric.
- In-house legal industry recruiting experience.
- Knowledge of industry laws or regulations which are relevant to the recruitment of legal employees.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.