Senior Legal Technologist
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Legal Technologist.
You will take a leading role in the design, development, configuration and implementation of legal technology products for TLT. Working directly with TLT clients, you will understand their needs and design technology led products and services that integrate with other FutureLaw services including process optimisation and legal project management. You would also play a leading role in implementation of legal technology as part of our internal change programme.
In return we will invest in you. You will receive on-going training to develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Work with the FutureLaw team to deliver, promote and champion transformation within the firm and our clients;
- Anticipate the needs of our clients and originate new ideas for legal technology and lead on productising and developing legal tech solutions
- Run workshops using design thinking or similar innovation techniques to identify requirements, needs and pain points for new legal products and services and improving legal processes by employing legal technology.
- Evaluate the benefits of different types of legal technology, the providers of that technology to understand their capabilities and how they align to our needs.
- Identify and develop ROI assessments and business cases based on a good understanding of commercial terms and requirements.
- Lead on designing, configuring, pricing and/or developing prototypes, running proof of concepts and undertaking final builds of new FutureLaw legal technology, services and solutions.
- Develop a deep expertise in the tech of the FutureLaw tech stack and related, complimentary and compatible technologies.
- Create and maintain technical quality control standards and technical checking processes.
- Run the integration, configuration and further customisation of solutions.
- Run the management, updating and implementation of the tech stack to include the contract review helptext and worksheets.
- Manage the FutureLaw Legal Tech programme - assisting with introduction, design, implementation, support and embedding of new and existing technologies.
- Line manage junior legal technologists and encourage and support their development.
- Upskill and empower colleagues on legal technology and promote its benefits to encourage innovation and transformation.
- Design, configure and implement no /low code legal technology prototypes and products.
- Manage relationships with legal tech vendors, liaising on demos, design and implementation of trials, pilots, proofs of concept and final roll out.
- Train users, provide presentations and demos of legal technology products, be a super user and trainer.
- Provide leadership and insights on legal technology, technology trends and solutions.
- Undertake stakeholder and client engagement.
- Assessing and identifying client needs, running workshops and sandbox events and setting up outsourcing projects based on legal tech.
- Work with clients to map and design appropriate solutions, integration and implementation of legal technology (with support from the LPM team as required) and production of playbooks.
- Assisting partners in bids for and delivery of work
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Established, creative, experimental approach to problem solving
- Passionate role model of legal technology, developments and innovations;
- Deep understanding of LegalTech and the digital technology market to include SaaS, digital security, data storage and transfer, data extraction tools, structured and unstructured data, eDiscovery, Contract Review and Contract Lifecycle Management, AI supported legal tech and tech, Robotic Process Automation, Document automation, eSignature etc to include with in-depth knowledge of Excel, Miro, LegalSifter, Relativity and DocuSign with administrator knowledge of Kira and HighQ (or similar).
- Deep understanding of solution architecture within the legal sector.
- Understanding and experience of coding languages.
- Good knowledge of product lifecycle management.
- Deep understanding of how to repurpose technology to solve pain points, with a focus on mainstream technology.
- Experience in document extraction, process automation and document review in all of the FutureLaw tech stack, including AI-powered document review, e-signature, collaboration platform and data extraction applications with the ability to support and train others
- Project and programme management skills, understanding how to translate client's business needs into business/operational requirements.
- Extensive experience of design, development and use of legal and commercial playbooks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Legally trained with practical legal experience of legal processes and challenges with particular focus experience in commercial law / corporate law / property law / in-house experience desired.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.