Solicitor - Commercial Tech
We are recruiting for an IT/Commercial Solicitor (from 2-4 PQE) to join our Commercial Technology teams in either our Bristol, Manchester or London office.
You will be responsible for advising PLCs, other large corporations and public sector bodies on IT procurement, managed services and outsourcing, cloud based solutions, technology development and exploitation and intellectual property protection and enforcement (including trade mark and registered design filings, trade mark oppositions, online brand protection and all aspects of trade mark, copyright, designs and patent infringement work).
Recent high profile work has been with large and well-known Digital Tech, Fintech and RetailTech Clients
In return you will be offered a competitive remuneration package and have the genuine opportunity to build your career within a growing firm. You will also have access to TLT's industry recognised training and development programme to ensure you are equipped with the skills to have a successful career in law.
The successful IT/Commercial Solicitor will be required to draft and negotiate the full range of IT and related contracts undertaken by the team, including:
- IT managed services and outsourcing agreements.
- Software licensing and support arrangements.
- Hardware supply and maintenance.
- Hosting and cloud based solutions.
- Data processing and security arrangements.
- Technology development and licensing.
- Digital media and general commercial issues.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful IT/Commercial Solicitor will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience gained within a commercial environment from a City or National firm with an IT or commercial contracts focus.
- Previous hands-on experience of your areas of responsibility is a requirement, including experience of negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers. An awareness of and enthusiasm for technology is important.
- You will need excellent communication and self-management skills.
- You will be an outgoing individual, capable of quickly building strong relationships with colleagues and clients and you must be able to work constructively within a team.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.