Solicitor - Construction - NQ to 3 PQE
The Projects, Infrastructure and Construction (PIC) team has enjoyed significant recent growth and investment which makes it an exciting and rewarding place to work. The team maintains a strong team ethos which matches team and individual ambition.
PIC sits within the firm’s Commercial Services Group (comprising other specialist teams). PIC nationally comprises approximately 20 lawyers across four offices.
Simon Goss heads the team nationally and supervises transactional work managed in Bristol as well as infrastructure work across the national team. He is supported by two partners specialising in dispute resolution, three transactional construction partners and one projects partner. Associates, Solicitors and other lawyers undertake a variety of contentious and transactional work with varying degrees of specialisation in both work types and sectors.
PIC undertakes contentious and non-contentious Construction matters in the private and public sectors with particular has expertise in Energy, Real Estate and Public Sector infrastructure.
The team has a broad client base, which includes property developers, energy and utilities companies, contractors, large sub-contractors and various significant public sector organisations. Many clients are well known industry participants and PIC has advised worked on some of the UK Government central government procurements of social and economic infrastructure of high profile and high value.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Due to rapid expansion over the last year and an increasing caseload, the PIC team needs more resource at all levels and in the transactional and contentious spheres. As a result the firm has an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Construction lawyer who is newly qualified or has up to 3 years PQE to join our dynamic team.
As part of the Construction team, you will contribute to the firm's knowledge and expertise in the Construction sector, and have the opportunity to:
- Work for high calibre clients on complex procurements;
- Represent clients in adjudication and Technology and Construction Court proceedings;
- Build relationships with new clients and existing clients of the firm;
- Develop your skills, knowledge and construction law expertise;
- Contribute to team strategic planning and business development activities; and
- Play a real part in the further development of the PIC team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service.
Our ambitious team is looking for a likeminded candidate, who is excited by the prospect of joining a growing team and who wants to assist the firm in achieving its long term business aspirations.
You will be a driven and hardworking team player, with the following skills/experience and attributes:
- Newly qualified Solicitor with a keen interest and/or a seat in Construction or a Solicitor with up to 3 years PQE in Construction
- Strong academic background with experience from a national or recognised firm
- Experience and knowledge of complex Construction Law
- Experience of JCT and NEC and potentially FIDIC, MF/1 and other industry forms, or a keenness to learn
- Ability to provide strategic advice to clients
- Ability to manage own caseload, whilst working as part of a team
- Highly motivated and innovative, with a positive attitude
- Able to work with others and take direction
- Able to communicate easily with clients, prospective clients and colleagues at all levels of the firm
- Commercially aware and focused on client service/business development
- Committed to developing the firm’s Construction offering nationwide
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.