Solicitor (Corporate Tax) - NQ to 5 PQE
We have an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor to join our Corporate Tax and Incentives team. Whilst our team is based principally in Bristol, as we operate national service lines your client base is not limited by location and we work entirely on the basis that the best placed individual supports the client.
In addition to great quality work and as much client development activity as you can handle, we also offer:
- Personal and professional development through our recognised training programmes (in both technical and wider skill development).
- Rapid career progression – our growth enables us to reward performance more quickly than other firms. We have made up partners from internal candidates in our team, and delivered double-digit growth, in each of the last 4 years.
- An open, collaborative and flexible culture, which recognises that people perform at their best if they are happy and working in a sustainable manner.
- Market-leading remuneration and benefits package.
We will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As a Corporate Tax and Incentives specialist, you will play an active role in developing the practice further. You will be tasked with undertaking business development initiatives for existing and potential clients and actively cross-selling practices.
You will provide a premium service to our clients, ensuring the advice and support is of the highest quality. We expect you to develop into a sector expert and be viewed as a business advisor by our clients. As a Corporate Tax and Incentives Solicitor you can expect to
- work closely with the Tax and Incentives team head as well as the lawyers in our corporate tax team, which forms part of the same group.
- lead projects (with appropriate supervision) and handle client relationships (both internally and externally).
- be driven, enthusiastic and a personable individual with strong experience and credentials.
- actively engage and drive forward business development and supported in taking responsibility for the development of areas of the practice
As outlined by our impressive track record of promotions, we place a high value on training and development. We would expect the successful to play a central role in developing the more junior members of the team to ensure they reach their potential.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Broad understanding of UK corporation tax, VAT and stamp duty land tax
- Corporate support in drafting and negotiating tax provisions in share purchase and asset purchase agreements (including tax covenants and tax warranties)
- Exposure to real estate transactions and the tax implications thereof
- Experience in implementing most types of employee share plan for both private and listed companies
- Experience in dealing with the maturity of employee share plans in M&A
- In depth knowledge of the tax regime applying to employee share plans and the principles of trust and corporate law
- Our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven and we would expect the same from any successful candidate
- An ability to give succinct legal and tax advice in an efficient manner whilst understanding (and anticipating) the commercial needs and objectives of the client.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey complex tax advice in an understandable format
- Confident, ambitious and personable
- Enjoys working as part of a wider team and is flexible
- Commitment to business development
- Strong academic background with an enthusiasm for tax law.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.