Solicitor - Corporate
TLT have recently created a corporate team in Belfast with the appointment of Andrew Jennings. With this appointment, TLT now offers a full corporate commercial offering out of its Belfast office backed by a national team of leading experts.
Corporate Partner Andrew Webber heads this ambitious team Nationally, he commented: "The appointment of our first corporate partner on the ground in NI is just the start of our ambitions for the Belfast market. We plan to replicate our fast growth in other regions, where TLT's quality and drive has allowed us to attract the best talent and gain significant market share."
Andrew is recognised by his peers as a talented and ambitious lawyer. He has a wide range of corporate experience including leading sales, acquisitions, reorganisation and restructuring projects.
We will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Corporate is a close knit, highly flexible team, in which there are no rigid sub-teams and all team members work with each other on a range of transactions including merger and acquisition and company reorganisation/joint ventures/venture capital. A specific client service team is created for each transaction, blending available skills. You will operate as a Solicitor within the Corporate team where you will be expected to deliver the following:
- Transactions typically divide into the strategic advice and lead negotiations, key documents, ancillary documents and due diligence. This role will be to assist with a wide variety of matters, including acting on M&A and public equity transactions for listed corporates
- The Corporate team is a hard working, fast-paced, award winning team which deals with multi million pound transactions. You will be responsible for your own matters as well as working as part of a project team on larger transactions
- The team believe in continuous training [and run the in house "Accelerate" programme of structured training for all corporate solicitors in the team]
- You will have a high level of client contact and will have the opportunity to get involved in the full range of business development activities.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
The successful candidate will be a solicitor with 0-3yrs PQE with a strong academic background and will currently be working at a City firm or a highly regarded regional practice, with a solid reputation for corporate matters.
- In particular, the successful candidate will have gained a solid grounding in private equity transactions acting for both funds and portfolio companies
- Excellent drafting and communication skills are essential
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Have high level analytical and logic skills to ensure the logical arrangement of materials and the optimum order of events in a complex process
- Have the ability to juggle a busy workload
- Have good communication skills (both oral and written) and be a good teamwork communicator
- Be enthusiastic and have a team approach to working, including being flexible
- Have a fundamental belief that excellent service is the goal in all tasks, internal and external
- Have high standards for their own performance and contribution
- Have a desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of Corporate law; what TLT does and what our clients do/how they work
- Have good knowledge of Word and Outlook. Experience in Excel and Interwoven would be beneficial
- Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.