Solicitor (IT Commercial)
We are recruiting for a 3PQE+ IT/Commercial Solicitor to join our Technology and IP team in Manchester.
You will be responsible for advising PLCs, other large corporations and public sector bodies on IT procurement, managed services and outsourcing, cloud based solutions, technology development and exploitation and intellectual property protection and enforcement (including trade mark and registered design filings, trade mark oppositions, online brand protection and all aspects of trade mark, copyright, designs and patent infringement work).
In return you will be offered a competitive remuneration package and have the genuine opportunity to build your career within a growing firm. You will also have access to TLT's industry recognised training and development programme to ensure you are equipped with the skills to have a successful career in law.
The successful IT/Commercial Solicitor will be required to draft and negotiate the full range of IT and related contracts undertaken by the team, including:
- IT managed services and outsourcing agreements.
- Software licensing and support arrangements.
- Hardware supply and maintenance.
- Hosting and cloud based solutions.
- Data processing and security arrangements.
- Technology development and licensing.
- Digital media and general commercial issues.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful IT/Commercial Solicitor will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience gained within a commercial environment from a City or National firm with an IT or commercial contracts focus.
- Previous hands-on experience of your areas of responsibility is a requirement, including experience of negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers. An awareness of and enthusiasm for technology is important.
- You will need excellent communication and self-management skills.
- You will be an outgoing individual, capable of quickly building strong relationships with colleagues and clients and you must be able to work constructively within a team.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.