Solicitor (NQ - 2PQE+) - Financial Services Disputes
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Bristol working with major clients in the banking sector.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Running a significant caseload for key financial services clients.
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice upon a range of contentious disputes and claims with supervision.
- Assessing, and progressing a varied litigation caseload typically emanating from banks and mortgage lenders.
- Assisting more senior solicitors, associates, legal directors and partners on larger cases and dealing with document management.
- Actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients.
- Contribute directly to the financial performance of the team/group and taking personal responsibility for meeting all personal targets.
- Some supervision opportunities may be available in respect of trainee solicitors and other members of the team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with experience gained within a leading law firm. Applications from newly qualified solicitors are welcomed.
- Ideally experienced in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters (however the extent of this experience , if low, may not be a complete barrier if the candidate has the right qualities)
- Technical excellence with contentious commercial matters.
- Strong ability to establish excellent relationships with clients, deliver excellent client service and a drive for business development.
- Excellent communication and self-management skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have the opportunity to choose benefits that suit your lifestyle such as discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and vouchers to spend on a bicycle and safety equipment to use for commuting to work.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.