Solicitor NQ+ - Financial Services Disputes
We're recruiting for a NQ+ Financial Services Disputes Solicitor in our Bristol office. This position offers a unique opportunity for you to work with one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for a wide range of financial institutions, including most of the UK's major banks, niche mortgage lenders, building societies and international banks with offices in the City.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Manage an appropriate and varied caseload of contentious matters for major banks and financial services clients.
- Provide responsive strategic and commercial legal advice on a range of contentious disputes and claims under supervision.
- Assist more senior solicitors, associates and partners on large high profile and complex cases.
- Take a proactive role in assisting with business development activities with existing and potential clients.
- Take a proactive role in assisting with preparing legal updates and knowhow both internally and externally.
- Contribute directly to the financial performance of the team/group and taking personal responsibility for meeting all personal targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with experience gained within a leading law firm. Applications from newly qualified solicitors are welcomed.
- Ideally you will have prior experience of dealing with financial services institutions, however, full training will be provided to those with enthusiasm to build a practice within this sector.
- Technical excellence with contentious commercial matters.
- Strong ability to establish excellent relationships with clients, deliver excellent client service and a drive for business development.
- Excellent communication and self-management skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.