This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Bristol working with major clients in the banking sector.
You will be tasked with handling a caseload of banking and mortgage litigation cases including defended and sensitive reputational cases, breach of contract/mandate, breach of duty and fraud. A good knowledge of financial services litigation or alternatively a good all round general commercial litigation knowledge is essential for this role.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Running a significant caseload for key financial services clients relating to the operation of financial services and products
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice upon a range of contentious disputes and claims with supervision
- Assessing, and progressing a varied litigation caseload typically emanating from banks and mortgage lenders
- Assisting more senior solicitors, associates, legal directors and partners on larger cases and class actions
- Actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients
- Contribute directly to the financial performance of the team/group and taking personal responsibility for meeting all personal targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with approximately 2 years' experience gained within a leading law firm. Applications from newly qualified solicitors are welcomed
- Ideally experienced in acting in either the financial services sector or alternatively has excellent all round commercial litigation experience of a wide variety of areas
- Have an excellent academic and professional background, ideally with training / commercial experience from a top 100 law firm
- Technical excellence with contentious commercial matters with a strong ability to establish excellent relationships with clients, deliver excellent client service and a drive for business development
- Essential to have a good working knowledge of court procedure and the CPR
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.