Solicitor - NQ to 3 PQE - Banking Disputes
To be a solicitor in the Financial Services Disputes and Investigations (FSDI) team based in our London office, specialising in contentious work for a wide range of financial institutions, including some of the UK's major banks, challenger banks and international banks.
The FSDI team consists of over 150 people, spread over Bristol, Manchester and London as well as an offering in Northern Ireland and Scotland and is one of the UK's largest teams in the field of financial services litigation. It is ranked by Legal 500. This particular team were Highly Commended in the Litigation Team of the Year category at the 2018 British Legal Awards.
The team acts on high value and complex banking litigation including commercial and investment banking disputes including mis-selling claims and fraud related issues, professional negligence claims and cross-border enforcement matters. We also defend reputationally sensitive claims and undertake specialist projects with our clients to prevent claims against them in the future.
The team, which consists of 9 partners, 4 Legal Directors, 8 Associates and a number of Solicitors and Legal Assistants has grown significantly over the last few years and further growth is envisaged to meet client demand in the uncertain economic environment.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Running a varied caseload for key financial services clients
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice upon a range of contentious disputes and claims with supervision
- Assisting more senior solicitors, associates, legal directors and partners on larger cases
- Actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients
- Actively involved in the production of legal updates and know how development
- Some supervision opportunities may be available in respect of trainee solicitors and other members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be tasked with handling a varied caseload of banking disputes including reputationally sensitive matters, breach of contract claims, allegations of fraud and international enforcement matters.
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor from NQ level – 3 years' PQE
- Ideally experienced in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters (however the extent of this experience , if low, may not be a complete barrier if the candidate has the right qualities)
- Keen to establish excellent relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.