Solicitor - Real Estate Scotland
The candidate will work with partners and other fee earners in the team in a wide variety of general commercial property work, with a particular focus on property development and investment, clean energy, finance, retail and leisure work. As part of a large UK Real Estate team, the candidate will also work with colleagues across our offices to assist in the delivery of projects and cross border transactions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role, you will:
- Be involved in commercial property acquisition and disposal work including leasing (both landlord and tenant) work for in particular retail and leisure clients and commercial and residential development work.
- Be involved in advisory non transactional work and horizon scanning initiatives for the firm’s larger clients in our chosen sectors.
- Support our property finance team, dealing with transactional standard securities, reporting on title/certification of title and carrying out property due diligence for funders together with larger assignation and securitisation projects.
- Support to our corporate team locally and nationally on transactions requiring corporate property support from a Scottish perspective.
- Support our commercial disputes team on property related litigation and insolvency matters.
- Contribute to business development initiatives and will be expected to attend real estate focussed events and to develop relationship with your peers in advisors, other clients and potential clients.
- Acknowledge and with our help strive to attain the four key TLT strategic priorities- be client centred, be progressive, be future ready and be outstanding.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 2 year PQE.
- General commercial property experience and experience of handling/managing own caseload, time recording and working to chargeable hours targets
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, collaborating with multiple team members.
- High standards of client service essential.
Excellent communication skills - high volume of interaction virtually and by telephone
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.