Solicitor/Associate – Construction Non-Contentious
Our Projects, Infrastructure and Construction (PIC) team has enjoyed significant recent growth and investment which makes it an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are looking to further strengthen our non-contentious construction offering and have a role available for a Solicitor/Associate to join us in our Bristol or Manchester offices. We will consider 2 + PQE for this position.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
We are currently working with a major sector contractor in relation to the delivery of major civils marine/nuclear sector projects. The development of that relationship with other opportunities open to TLT as an adviser to central Government on its GLAS panel mean that TLT is very well placed to develop its transactional construction practice in the infrastructure sector, alongside an already strong clean energy sector presence.
As part of the non-contentious construction team, you will:
- Work for high calibre clients on complex procurements
- Build relationships with new clients and existing clients of the firm
- Develop your skills, knowledge and construction law expertise
- Contribute to team strategic planning and business development activities
- Contribute to the further development of the PIC team with the potential to lead the infrastructure part of the practice in the future
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- At least 2 years experience within a construction department in a legal practice
- Strong academic background
- Working knowledge of NEC, FIDIC, ICC and other industry forms
- Ability to provide strategic advice to clients
- Ability to manage own caseload, whilst working as part of a team
- Experience of supervising and collaborating with junior colleagues on large scale cases
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Able to work with others and take direction
- Able to communicate easily with clients, prospective clients and colleagues at all levels of the firm
- Commercially aware and focused on client service/business development
- Committed to developing the firm’s construction offering locally and nationally
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.