Solicitor/Associate - Pensions
We are recruiting for a Pensions Solicitor or Associate at NQ - 5PQE level to join our national Pensions team. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your legal career.
The pensions team has a broad portfolio of clients including FTSE companies, multinationals, UK corporates and trustees and central government. The team advises on all aspects of pension schemes, mainly advisory work with a small element of corporate support work. We advise schemes and employers with schemes ranging in asset size from the low millions to the billions.
This team is highly commended by the Financial Times for its innovative Pensions Extranet and recognised in Legal 500
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
We are willing to consider candidates across all locations for this opportunity and are open to receiving applications from individuals who wish to work on a full or part-time basis, with the opportunity to work from home, in the office or a combination of the two.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor or Associate, depending on your experience, you will deliver the following:
- Work directly with trustees and employers, both nationally and internationally to provide pensions advice and establish their own relationship with the clients.
- A key part of the role will be working together with the team to develop new clients and referrers, to grow the team further.
- 90% of the work is standalone advice work and 10% is working in partnership with the corporate, commercial, litigation, insolvency and employment teams
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Technically strong, with good drafting skills a pre–requisite and will have worked at a city or large regional firm, recognised for its pensions expertise.
- Work easily with other team members as well as enjoying and having an aptitude for business development.
- Demonstrated technical excellence having completed a Pensions seat during their traineeship
- Experience of public sector pensions is desirable but not required
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitely. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.