Sustainability Manager - 12 Months FTC
We are currently recruiting for a Sustainability Manager to be based at either our Bristol HQ or Manchester Office on a 12 months FTC basis.
The Organisational Development teams works alongside the other HR functions to deliver a proactive and efficient HR service. Reporting into the Head of OD, you will be working collaboratively with H&S&E Manager and Sustainability Partner Champion to develop and deliver the Sustainability agenda and change programme for the TLT Group, including all planning, activity development and delivery with appropriate KPI setting and monitoring.
As a Sustainability Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Support the development of appropriate sustainability policies and appropriate governance.
- Be the knowledge expert, advocate and leading voice for the TLT sustainability strategy internally and externally.
- Work with and influence legal teams and key stakeholders on the benefits of sustainability to commercial success, creating opportunities to collaborate and engage with clients.
- Develop and manage relationships with key professional bodies and providers, maintaining a network inside and outside the legal sector, and represent the firm, where appropriate, on external forums and working groups.
- Develop an ongoing, engaging communications strategy for sustainability that engages our people and develops managers and leaders.
- Ensure all compliance activities (reporting and learning) are designed, developed and delivered to meet standards and where appropriate raise awareness.
- Complete benchmarking when needed.
- Bring leading edge thinking, market trends and creative solutions to the sustainability strategy, attending events as the TLT ambassador
- Ensure sustainability as one of our core values is lived and breathed throughout TLT and behaviours are recognised and celebrated consistently
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent understanding of the sustainability agenda and trends relating to responsible business practices as well as a strong understanding of regulation and legislation.
- Proven ability in planning, organising and project management; able to prioritise multiple workstreams and meet key deadlines including excellent written and presenting skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills with an ethical and transparent approach to working.
- Engaging, able to collaborate and bring colleagues on board with new initiatives.
- Flexible, able to change business plans as circumstances change.
- Resilient - comfortable working on multiple projects within a fast paced, fast changing and challenging working environment.
- Strong sense of ethics, a person with integrity.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.