Tax and Estate Planning Solicitor
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing Private Client team in Bristol which is part of the firm's Private Business Group
The team act for a combination of wealthy individuals, major UK banks and trust companies. Work for banks includes drafting bespoke wills for wealthy clients, preparing trust documents as well as related advice. The team has a strong international practice. This is mainly sourced from London or offshore jurisdictions and the candidate should be prepared to travel to London when required to assist with this, however the role will be based in Bristol and this is where we would envisage the candidate spending the majority of their time. TLT’s Private Client team are graded in Band 1 in Chambers high net worth guide and Band 1 in the Legal 500 for the South West.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- UK personal tax planning working with individual clients.
- Trust law and drafting
- Will drafting.
- Powers of attorney and mental capacity law.
- Assisting with specialist practice areas such as trust litigation, international tax and succession planning.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with a minimum of 2 PQE or Legal Executive with suitable experience gained preferably within a commercial law firm.
- The ideal candidate will be tasked with handling a caseload of UK personal tax associated work - including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax for UK resident individuals and trustees.
- Experience within English trust law, including drafting trusts and related documents and will drafting and succession law will be desirable.
- Strong academics.
- An intellectual interest in Private Client law and willingness to take personal responsibility for development of the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication and self-management skills. Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact Tom Pegg on tom.pegg@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.