Technology Lawyer - Mid/Senior Level
We are recruiting for an Associate or Legal Director to join our Technology and IP team based in one of our offices in Manchester, Bristol or London. This role will form a crucial part of our team supporting clients principally across the Financial Services sector and more widely on occasion. Sitting within our Technology & IP team and reporting to a Partner within the team, the role will involve advising our Financial Services sector clients on a range of technology projects and advice relating to Fintech, tech procurement and outsourcing.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own projects (with Partner oversight as required) ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become an FS sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training, ensuring you have the technical, commercial and management skills to build an effective and successful practice.
You will operate as an Associate / Legal Director:
- Working as part of a wider technology and commercial team on high value, strategic procurements and contracts
- Providing non-contentious advice on a wide range of technology project, including framework agreements, collaborations, software purchases, digital transformation projects, cloud migration and outsourcing.
- Supervising, managing and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Taking an active role in business development, including preparing pitches and tenders, providing training and building client relationships
- Working on site with clients where required (subject to Covid-19 guidance), including the option for virtual and in-person secondments.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A track record of advising and leading technology transactions and procurements for Financial Services sector clients
- A minimum of 4 years post qualified experience gained within the Technology/Commercial team at a national or specialist law firm, or relevant in-house legal team
- A motivated self-starter with ambitions to take a leading role in delivery of more complex, strategic client work (with Partner oversight and support as required)
- Outstanding technical ability, particularly within negotiating, drafting and advising on complex contracts
- An ability and enthusiasm to implement business development initiatives
- Prior supervision experience is beneficial, but not essential as further management and leadership training will be available.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.