Trade Mark Attorney
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Trade Mark Attorney to help manage the trade mark portfolios for our clients and to further develop the services we offer to those clients.
You will be supported to develop your own clients as well as working a part of the wider team of IP specialists across our offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast. We act for a number of high street names and well-known brands in the retail, leisure and financial services sectors and we work closely with our clients to offer them a full brand protection and enforcement services adopting the latest technology solutions.
You will report to our Partner who heads the TLT team delivering trade mark and related IP services to our clients. You will be part of Tech &IP team headed by James Touzel. That team consists of 30 lawyers and consultants who cover all aspects of IP, IT and Data Protection.
TLT is ranked by Chambers and Legal 500 for its brand management services in Bristol, London and Manchester. Nick Fenner and Grahame Orchison are both ranked as Trade Mark Stars by Managing IP Magazine.
We handle the whole range of advice for our IP clients, from developing a brand strategy, filing applications, monitoring third parties, enforcement and licensing. The firm has a strong reputation for its enforcement work as well as in Franchising and licensing. Our clients include; W H Smith, Compare The Market, and Starling Bank.
With our focus on the use of technology, reputation for delivering efficient services to our portfolio clients, and profile for handling complex disputes, we will continue to grow our trade marks and designs practice to service our UK clients and international network.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Trade Mark Attorney you will deliver the following:
- Working for a range of client from multinationals to start ups helping them manage, protect, exploit and enforce their trade mark and design rights
- You will be involved in helping develop our strategy to grow the brand protection services we offer to our clients
- You will also help support complex transactional and project work often where securing rights in IP portfolios is a key asset of the business.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- An experienced trade mark professional with knowledge of all aspect of trade mark and design portfolio managements; disputes before EU and UKIPO and working with foreign agents
- You will be familiar with trade mark portfolio management systems and all aspect of trade mark prosecution, management and registry proceedings including dealing with foreign agents and coordinating proceedings in different countries
- You will be a qualified trade mark attorney or an individual with equivalent experience gained in the UK or another jurisdiction
- Ideally you will have experience working for or with city or large regional firms or as part of an in house team.
- You will be familiar with working with a portfolio management system and coordinating large projects;
- We are looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team, but is self-motivated and energetic
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.