Main Purpose of the Job
To be an Assistant Paralegal in the Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team (FSDI), one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for banks and mortgage lenders. This position is based in Bristol.
Group / Team Structure
FSDI are one of the largest providers of legal services to the financial services sector in the UK, with over 300 dedicated financial services lawyers across our UK network of offices. Our relationships within the sector includes many of the UK's largest clearing banks, building societies, international banks, specialist lenders, merchant services and payment gateway providers.
The Bristol team, headed by Richard Hayllar, Partner, consists of Senior Associate and Associate solicitors, Paralegals and secretarial support. The team has grown steadily over the last six years and further growth is envisaged and planned moving forward.
- To assist with legal tasks supporting the FSDI team, including correspondence with the court, clients and other parties, drafting court documents, and assisting with court hearings and mediations.
- Supporting other fee earners on a variety of litigated files including claimant and defendant work.
- Running own caseload under the supervision of a more senior fee earner, which includes taking matters from initial client instruction to conclusion, involving pre-action correspondence, preparing and filing claim documents, running the claim, negotiating settlement, and advising the client throughout.
- Undertaking own administrative tasks including accurate file management and client billing.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work well as part of a busy team.
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint and imanage would be beneficial.
This is an entry level role, with no previous legal work experience required.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.