Associate (0-3 PQE)
You will work with notable lending clients and house-hold borrowers.
At TLT we have launched a progressive fully flexible working approach. This approach means that as a Firm we empower our people to work in a place and at a time that meets their needs, those of their clients and of the wider team and firm. Part of this agile approach is a focus on hybrid working and supporting the work life balance of our people.
We will invest in you. We want you to be successful. Learning and development is paramount at TLT. Your progress helps us meet the changing needs of our clients, build collaborative relationships that endure and set our firm apart as business advisers as well as lawyers. That’s why we invest heavily in developing our people through training programmes.
You core responsibilities will be:
- Work on a varied case load, providing strategic advice on complex secured recoveries, including litigation, fixed charge receivership, negligence and fraud claims as well as title rectification.
- Assist Partners and Legal Directors on complex matters, at the same time as progressing your own case load.
- Engage, negotiate and mediate cases against other top tier litigation firms.
- Develop relationships with our clients, so that you are able to assist in maintaining and developing key accounts.
- Work with a team of legal assistants, which will enable you to delegate work to others and develop your supervision skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing and supportive team working with innovative banking and finance clients on a whole range of lending assignments and projects.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Interested in all areas of our nationally recognised financial services disputes and investigations practice, which counts a wide variety of household financial services businesses as clients.
- Commercially aware and enthusiastic for business development and appetite for keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in this ever-changing area of work.
- Succinctly, clear and confident communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Outgoing, self-motivated individual.
- Strong client focussed approach with excellent analytical and organisational skills, including to manage workloads and deadlines.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial and driven.
- A strong team ethos is essential as this team works across three locations in the UK, and collaboration is always at the core of what we do.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.