Associate - Banking
We're ambitious and continuing to expand, with expertise across each of our UK offices. We provide expert and commercial advice in all areas of general corporate lending (including acquisition finance), real estate finance and renewables finance. We have the capacity to deal with all instructions, from the largest cross border syndicated transactions through to bilateral lending.
This particular team currently punches considerably above its weight in all aspects of its banking practice with transaction values generally between £20m and £500m. The role would involve supporting both partners develop their practices in corporate lending, acquisition finance and renewables finance.
The team is very friendly, sociable and genuinely meritocratic. We are keen to offer a clear route to partnership for the right candidate.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As an Associate in the Banking team, you will be expected to:
- Manage your own real estate finance and/or general corporate lending transactions and supporting more senior team members with larger transactions using appropriate project and time management techniques to ensure the effective management of resource and achievement of results for TLT and our clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business and an ability to secure new work within existing client relationships to develop the account.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
- Focus on financial implications and targets at a team and group level.
- Monitor and manage expenditure and other costs/benefits against targets.
- Delegate tasks to other team members appropriate to their job role level and skill to ensure the optimum use of available resource and utilisation.
- Supervising the work delegated to other team members as a means of developing others adopting a supportive and coaching approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development needs of others and provide guidance and feedback.
- An excellent service to our clients by working closely with colleagues from across the UK in both the Banking team and other specialisms;
- Build and help to strengthen the relationships with our clients.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- You will be a Banking Solicitor (ideally 4-7 PQE)
- You will ideally come from a Top 50 firm background and ideally City trained
- You will have experience in a range of banking and finance matters (and very familiar with LMA documentation)
- You will be ambitious and dynamic
- Salary is entirely dependent on experience
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a Banking Solicitor to join this Top 50 Banking Law practice in their London office.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.