Associate - EFP
We are looking for an Associate to join our Financial Services team in London.
TLT is recognised as having one of the foremost real estate groups in the country. The Group includes a number of nationally rated individuals. Our property expertise embraces investment, portfolio management, finance, planning, construction, environmental, development and dispute resolution.
The Energy, Financial Services and Public Sector Team is one of seven teams within the Real Estate Group. Our sector focus enables us to concentrate our effort and resources on learning as much as we can about our clients' businesses and approach; working with clients from a firm wide perspective, not merely by work type or team. With TLT's offices in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, we are able to provide expertise across all the jurisdictions within the UK.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Associate you will deliver the following:
- Dealing with all aspects of Real Estate Finance Transactions, acting for multiple lender clients. The role will include all aspects of real estate due diligence, drafting, negotiation and handling matters to completion.
- There will plenty of opportunity for client contact, running own files and early responsibility for delivery of transactions etc.
- Providing all our clients with a quality service in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Maintaining and improving relations with existing clients and spot opportunities for business development and enhancement of the current services we offer.
- Providing support in relation to other aspects of work undertaken in the team including asset management, Fixed Charge Receiverships and property aspects of formal insolvencies.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of commercial real estate, what TLT does and what our clients do/how they work.
- Good eye for detail.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service essential.
- Excellent communication skills - high volume of interaction via the telephone.
- Good IT skills.
- Enthusiastic & team approach to working.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.