We are recruiting for a Real Estate Associate from 0 - 1years PQE to join our Real Estate - Corporate, Development and Investment team in London. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the foremost real estate groups in the country with nearly 200 staff including a number of nationally rated individuals. You will be working within the team delivering corporate, commercial and high value residential real estate services to investors, HNW individuals, HNW estates, private banks and wealth management companies, off shore trust companies and small / private developers.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and have the opportunity to become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Associate you will deliver the following:
- Dealing with disposals, acquisitions and refinancing of [commercial and] high value residential property (freehold and leasehold), by way of individual property transactions or packages/portfolios.
- Residential work will include working closely with our Tax and Estate Planning team on high value transactions that will involve either an off-shore element, a trust structure, or dovetail a piece of complex tax / restructuring advice. This includes identifying and dealing with UK tax / trust issues; liaising with overseas counsel to deliver the relevant jurisdictional advice and / or overseas legal opinions (e.g. Jersey, British Virgin Islands) and then dealing with the underlying property transaction itself.
- Commercial real estate work will include asset management work (e.g. grant of leases, tenancies, licences, assignments, under lettings, deeds of variation etc) and assisting on larger transactions – acquisitions, disposals, corporate support and so on across a range of market sectors including the public sector.
- Reporting and Property due diligence, including supporting on corporate transactions for corporates, investors, developers and public sector organisations.
- To provide all our clients with a quality service in accordance with the Firm's procedures.
- To maintain and improve relations with existing clients and spot opportunities for business development and enhancement of the current services we offer.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong academics.
- Constructive “problem-solving” approach..
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Commercial and / or residential property experience is essential.
- Good eye for detail.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service essential.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.