Associate/Senior Associate (Public Sector) - 3+PQE
Our Commercial Regulatory team is part of our Commercial Services Group, covering a National client base through our offices in London, Bristol and Manchester and we currently have openings available at Senior and Junior Associate level to undertake Administrative and Public Law work.
The team works for clients in the public and private sectors acting on behalf of high-profile government agencies and regulatory bodies.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As a key addition to the team, you will have an important fee-earning and managerial role which is likely to include the following tasks:
- Undertake internal investigations and independent reviews
- Provide legal advice to government agencies and regulatory bodies and contribute to senior relationship management with recognised legal representatives.
- Handle complex, multi-disciplinary, professional, multi-strand legal or investigative environments
- Handle complex, large-scale projects, including involvement in delivery of large-scale disclosure/e-disclosure/document production/information management exercises
- Deal with Public law challenges, advising on merits of defending judicial review claims and grounds for issuing a JR challenge.
- Advise on litigation related to the above.
- Plan, define and implement strategies to support delivery
- Manage document-heavy review processes to identify key relevant materials
- Establishing defined programmes of work and monitoring delivery
- Give clear and detailed instructions to witnesses to ensure delivery of high-quality evidence
- Supervise the work delegated to other team members as a means of developing others adopting a supportive and coaching approach
- Delegate tasks to other team members appropriate to their job role level and skill to ensure the optimum use of available resource and utilisation.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified Solicitor or Barrister of at least 3 years+ PQE or equivalent. Previous experience of Administrative and Public Law work representing government agencies and regulatory bodies would be preferred but not essential.
- A solicitor/barrister with strong litigation skills and project management skills with experience of either managing large scale disclosure exercises or working on large scale projects in commercial litigation is essential.
- Experience of advising on freedom of information and data protection as well as judicial review and reputation management work would be preferred but not essential
- A creative approach to problem solving with an ability to manage critical issues quickly and effectively
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent ability to manage and review information and documentation with strong attention to detail
- Keen team player with the ability to self-start and engage with a varied cross section of fee earners across the business
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.