Banking Associate (1-3PQE)
We are currently recruiting for a 1-5 year PQE, Northern Irish or English qualified solicitor with experience (which may include as part of your training contract) in banking and finance to join our Banking & Finance team in Belfast.
Our collaborative, supportive and open-minded environment is the ideal place to progress your career. We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors, and we’ll help you embrace opportunities to keep learning as we grow our firm.
It's never been a better time to join TLT - we've been named Law Firm of the Year at the Lawyer Awards 2021 and Top 4 UK Firm by Roll on Friday. TLT is for what comes next for our clients and our people.
We don’t stand still. Our clients keep moving forward to seize the opportunities and address the challenges of the modern world and so do we. We challenge convention and think creatively about how we can help make their businesses better.
This proactive approach has powered our success with clients, and it is all down to our people. Ambitious, talented individuals help us go even further to question the norm and explore different ways of doing things.
Being part of TLT gives you the opportunity to evolve what it means to be a lawyer. You’ll be a business adviser as a well as a lawyer, working directly with a high calibre of clients on a wide range of interesting current matters. And while you develop long-lasting relationships with clients, you’ll boost your skills and professional reputation.
At TLT we have launched a progressive fully flexible working approach. This approach means that as a Firm we empower our people to work in a place and at a time that meets their needs, those of their clients and of the wider team and firm. Part of this agile approach is a focus on hybrid working and supporting the work life balance of our people.
We will invest in you. We want you to be successful. Learning and Development is paramount at TLT. Your progress helps us meet the changing needs of our clients, build collaborative relationships that endure and set our firm apart as business advisers as well as lawyers. That’s why we invest heavily in developing our people through training programmes.
You core responsibilities will be:
- Manage your own transactions for a variety of clients.
- Support with larger transactions using project and time management techniques to ensure effective management of resource and achievement of results.
- Provide an excellent service to our clients by working closely with colleagues from across the UK in both the Banking team and other specialisms.
- Supervised and supported by Managing Associates/Legal Directors and/or Partners, you will take an active role in client relationships and management.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Interested in all areas of general corporate lending including real estate finance, acquisition finance and renewables finance.
- Commercially aware and enthusiastic for business development and appetite for keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in this ever-changing area of work.
- Succinctly, clear and confident communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Outgoing, self-motivated individual.
- Strong client focussed approach with excellent analytical and organisational skills, including to manage workloads and deadlines.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial and driven.
- A strong team ethos is essential as this team works across three locations in the UK, and collaboration is always at the core of what we do.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.