We are continuing to expand across our Banking Department and have a current opening for a Associate to join our team in Glasgow. The team provides expert and commercial advice in all areas of general corporate lending (including acquisition finance), real estate finance and renewables finance. We have the capacity to deal with all instructions, from the largest cross border syndicated transactions through to lower level strategically important bilateral lending.
The focus of our banking team is acting lender side on transactions including acting for all of the UK clearing banks, the so-called challenger banks and investment funds. The team also advises many of the firm’s corporate and real estate clients who are undertaking transactions in the debt markets.
Key role responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a varied caseload and prioritise own workload
- Support the wider team with larger transactions and projects
- Participate in business development opportunities, build and help to strengthen relationships with our clients
- Provide an excellent service to our clients by working closely with colleagues from across the UK in both the Banking team and other specialisms
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service.
Ideally, we are looking for the following legal background:
- Specialist Banking Associate (ideally 3-5 PQE)
- Qualified in Scots law, although English dual qualification would be beneficial
- Top-tier Scottish or national firm background
- Experience across a range of banking and finance matters
- Excellent drafting and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- A driven and flexible approach to working collaboratively
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.