Case Handler - Banking Litigation
Due to continued growth we are looking for a number of Case Handlers to join our Banking Litigation team based in our Bristol office. Working remotely, in the office or a mixture of the two, you will be acting on behalf of clients you will be dealing with with a variety of litigation processes supporting our wider banking and lender services group.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Case Handler your day to day remit includes:
- Carry out work allocated by Team Supervisor within service standards
- Taking responsibility for running own caseload as driven by case management system
- Complete the work allocated on a daily basis:
- Action Post
- Check new instructions opened correctly
- Taking instructions and liaising with clients
- Managing financial outputs and billing responsibilities
- Drafting court documentation
- Liaising with other parties
- Phone calls (client, internal and 3rd party)
- E-mails (client, internal and 3rd party)
- Ensure regular communication with Team Managers regarding work related issues or problems which should be reported immediately and escalated if necessary.
- Suggesting to Team Managers improvements to the system and identifying problems
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Accuracy, good organisational skills and flexibility
- To demonstrate a good telephone manner.
- To have at least 3 months experience in a solicitor's office, preferably handling litigation matters
- To have competent numeracy and spelling skills.
- To be able to demonstrate proactivity and attention to detail.
- To demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- To demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- To demonstrate a willingness to help and assist all members of the team
- To demonstrate an ability to cope with changing levels of workloads
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.