Case Handler - Lender Sales
Lender Sales deals with the sales of those properties that have been taken into possession. This is traditional conveyancing with a twist due to the nature of the work undertaken. Although we are selling the properties we have to investigate the title and carry out searches similar to when purchasing a property to ensure that the property is marketable. The service we offer starts from entering information on the case management system and opening files, title checking, ordering and checking searches, issuing contracts, dealing with enquiries, the exchange and completion formalities together with dealing with the distribution of any surplus to the next entitled once the sale has completed. We also have a specialist team who deal with the appointment of a receiver and then the subsequent sales. As repossession is the last resort we aim to turn the sales around in 40 days from receipt of an offer to reduce the costs incurred.
TLT’s Banking and Lender Services Group have an obligation to meet the expectations of our clients, as well as our regulatory obligations as set out by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Solicitors Regulation Authority, whilst also ensuring we treat all customers fairly. By treating every case individually and by assessing the customer's individual circumstances we will achieve the best outcome for both the customer and our client.
TLT is committed to ensuring that fairness is at the centre of all we do. This includes, amongst other things, identifying and supporting potentially vulnerable customers, dealing with complaints in a sympathetic and professional manner, ensuring correspondence is clear and easy to understand, and ensuring we achieve good customer outcomes
- Carry out the sales process efficiently, accurately and in accordance with team procedures, client requirements and service standards.
- Use Solcase to produce letters and documents.
- Be responsible for own caseload of sale files, referring all legal aspects to the Team Supervisor or Team Manager.
- Ensure that all undertakings (other than standard ones as to deeds) are referred to the Team Manager.
- Use Solcase to action workflow entries on a daily basis and from the Schedule for individual files.
- Ensure that high levels of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that the Team Supervisor or Team Manager is made aware of any cases where there is reason to believe that it may lead to a problem or complaint.
- Ensure that telephone calls are dealt with in a professional manner that full telephone notes are taken and that calls relating to any legal aspects which the Case Handler is unable to deal with are referred to the Team Manager or Technical Support Officer immediately.
- Regularly update clients as to progress of matters.
- Delegate administrative tasks such as copying to the Office Assistant
- Ensure that all matters are billed promptly at completion.
- Ensure accurate details of all relevant information for each transaction are maintained on the Solcase database and the file
- Ensure work issues or problems are reported immediately to Team Supervisor.
- Suggest to Team Supervisor/Team Manager improvements to the system.
- In the absence of the Team Supervisor, take responsibility with the other Case Handlers for ensuring that the workflows are actioned and keep the Team Manager fully informed of levels of work in team.
- Attend training sessions as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- To have at least 6 months experience in conveyancing or legal processing or some form of legal qualification or training, such as ILEX or Licensed Conveyancer.
- Experience of shared ownership (Homebuy schemes, Housing associations and shared ownership housing)
- To demonstrate a natural empathy/affinity with Clients and a good telephone manner, with a clear diction.
- To be able to type and be computer literate.
- To have competent numeracy and spelling skills.
- To be able to demonstrate proactivity and attention to detail.
- To demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- To demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- To demonstrate the ability to ask for assistance when required.
- To demonstrate a willingness to help and assist all members of the team
- To demonstrate an ability to cope with changing levels of workloads.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.