Commercial Dispute Resolution Associate (4+pqe)
We are committed to the development and growth of the Commercial Services Group by the appointment of a specialist Commercial Dispute Resolution Solicitor. This is a junior level appointment that will strengthen the existing Commercial Dispute Resolution team which operates as a national service line.
The successful candidate will be working closely with colleagues in Bristol, Manchester and London, within the Commercial Dispute Resolution team, as well as with other members of the firm who service commercial clients.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
You will work within the existing Commercial Dispute Resolution team to service the litigation requirements of the firm’s clients to:
- Contribute to the firm’s expertise in the field of commercial dispute resolution
- Contribute to the growth and reputation of the firm’s commercial dispute resolution practice
- Deal with commercial disputes at all levels, including litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Support the team with networking and business development initiatives
- Maintain and develop your own contacts
- Contribute to best practice and precedent development
- Take responsibility for all aspects of personal financial management
- Servicing the needs of the firm's internal and external client base
- Being flexible so as to support client needs including dealing with urgent applications and proceedings when they arise
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Proven Commercial Dispute Resolution background with a good knowledge of litigation principles together with a genuine interest in commercial dispute resolution
- A strong academic background
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of handling your own caseload with supervision from senior team members.
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to developing the Commercial Dispute Resolution team and the firm’s wider practice.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.